So you wanna be the next top cam model and work from anywhere in the world? Or are you maybe a bottom? *wink wink* ANYWAY, you want to be a cam model? First things first, let’s get this out of the way, think about it some more. Really think about the ramifications of having a job that requires you to be vulnerable on the internet. Make sure that you like what you’re doing. Have you done it? Did you think long and hard? Have you accepted the possible consequences? Are you sure? Are you really, really sure? Then welcome to the adult industry!
Sex (cam) toys!
First off, you’re gonna need a decent laptop. Something with high RAM and at least a dual-core processor so it won’t freeze up at the most inopportune moments, like, say, while you’re stripping. A PC could work too but make sure that you’re not gonna be changing locations because you’re only gonna give yourself trouble lugging your equipment around.
Next up, get a stable high-speed internet connection. No one likes lag, especially when fapping. You also need some recording equipment, a nice microphone, and a GREAT webcam. Don’t forget to make sure that you have a good lighting too! You are of course entering an industry that’s high on eye candy, make sure we can see every inch of that beautiful, beautiful bod.
Sound and video equipment out of the way? Great! Now fix up where you wanna shoot your sessions. Put together a set of sorts, do you want to shoot in a bedroom? A wide space? Outside? The sky’s the limit! Put some decorations that give you a unique feel so your viewers would find it iconic and familiar.
Ok, so you have the equipment, you’ve put together a sexy room where you want to hold your sessions, what next? Join a cam site of course! There are many cam sites who host cam models but always do your research first! You don’t want to be scammed or exploited. Try to find out the percentage of earnings that goes to the cam-model, observe how they support their models and customers, inquire!
So you signed up and you’re ready to start- Wait! Don’t turn on that camera yet! Protect yourself. Turn off your location in any device or tool you’re using. You wouldn’t want to give out your address to the many horny boys and girls, do you?
Speaking of address, never give that away no matter how much you trust someone. Also, names! You don’t want to give away your real name to strangers online who jerk off to you, but you also don’t want them to think that you think they’re just jerking off to some strangers online, think up a nice sexy cam name that just exudes desire like Desiree or Violet Orgasms. Definitely stay away from DickSuckerAngel69 or PussyDestroyer777. The adult industry can be pretty scary at times but it’s nothing a few precautions and vigilance can’t fix.
Just the tip!
Alright! You’re ready to start shooting! Turn that camera on and wait for the viewers! Maybe play with yourself. That’s basically everything that you need to know to start camming and cumming. A few reminders and tips:
- You’re not the only model in the world. Expect competition, think about how to up your game to bring in the viewers. Fake that O if you have to!
- Start off with a bang. Okay maybe not literally, or I don’t know, you do you! (pun intended) Just make sure you have everything you need before you start.
- Ignore the trolls. You know how people are. Sadly, there are gonna be mean people on your chat. Learn how to deal with them without punishing other people. Always remember that there are ban options.
- Connect. Your audience will become regulars if they feel like they have a connection with you.
- Think long term. This is a business, it’s probably gonna take some time for you to gain traffic but be prepared to reap the fruits of your hard work when you do.
- Join a community! There are many cam communities that you can join, forums, groups, etc. If you want some support, advice, or if you just want to rant about the job it’s best to talk to people who know what you’re going through as well.
And lastly, enjoy yourself! Literally and figuratively!